BioTE Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy:
Indications: for perimenopause symptoms in women and low testosterone in Men
The term “bio-identical” means that the biochemical structure of the hormone is perfectly matched to the hormone produced in the body by the endocrine system. Bio-identical hormones are plant-based, natural substances. These compounded bio-identicals can be matched to each woman’s unique needs, something that’s impossible with mass-manufactured products.
HORMONE PELLET THERAPY FOR WOMEN:
In studies, when compared to conventional hormone replacement therapy, pellets have been shown to be extremely effective for relief of menopausal symptoms, maintenance of bone density, restoration of sleep patterns and improvement in sex drive, libido, sexual response and performance, relief of depression, anxiety, irritability, mood swings and many others.
HORMONE PELLET THERAPY FOR FOR MEN:
When compared to conventional hormone replacement therapy, pellets have been shown to be extremely effective for relief from symptoms of low testosterone in men. They report seeing an increase in physical and mental drive, better moods, increased libido, and a decrease in belly fat.
Unlike typical oral and transdermal forms of therapy – which produce “roller coaster” hormone levels, resulting in mood and energy fluctuations for the patient – BioTE® Medical Hormone Pellet Therapy, is the only method of hormone therapy that provides sustained hormone levels throughout the day, for up to four to six months, without any “roller coaster” effect.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Surgical Pellet Implantation
A Trocar kit is used ranging from 3.2 mm to 4.5 trocar kit for Pellets (implants) into the deep subcutaneous area. Local anesthetic used included 1% lidocaine with epinephrine and Sodium Bicarbonate to make this a painless process for surgical hormone implants.
Locations for Procedure:
- For gluteal insertion, the patient is placed on their side, rolled slightly anterior leaving enough space to place the trocar kit on the table behind the patient.
- The anterior insertion is placed in inguinal or peri-umbilical fatty tissue. The patient moves away from the insertion side of the table, leaving 8 inches for the trocar kit for implantation.
HRT Pellet Implant Surgical Procedure
- The trocar kit is sterilized in an autoclave and used to implant bio-identical hormones into the deep subcutaneous pocket using stick sterile technique.
- Sterile gloves are worn to open the compound hormone pellets and then dropped gently into a corner of the sterile field.
- The skin is sterilized using the chlorascrub swab stick or betadine to be applied in concentric circle(s) with the center of the sterile field at the site of the incision.
- A sterile fenestrated drape is used to cover the opening over the sterile field.
- Local anesthetize with lidocaine is used along the subcutaneous tract (~5-7 cm) in length and at least 1-2 cm deep) with a visible wheel on anesthetic.
- Using a #11 blade a small 5-7 mm skin incision approximately 5-7 mm in depth is made. You must get through the subcuticular tissue the entire length of the incision or there will be resistance.
- At a 45-degree angle, the sterile cannula with the trocar is placed approximately 4 cm distal into the subcutaneous tissue (medial to lateral). The tract should be at least 8-10 mm in depth. The depth depends on the amount of subcutaneous fatty tissue.
- The pellets should not be placed directly under the skin, because they may cause discomfort.
- The blunt trocar is Inserted into the cannula to advance the pellets beyond the tip of the cannula.
- After removing the cannula/blunt trocar, pressure is applied using the sterile gauze pad.
- Next, steri-stripes (skin taped) or a small suture is placed over the incision.
- After the tegaderm dressing is applied, pressure is held for 3-5 minutes. (Up to 10 minutes if on anti-coagulant or aspirin/anti-inflammatory therapy)
Testosterone is vital to the health and well-being of BOTH men and women. In men, T is produced by the testicles and adrenal glands. In women, T is produced by the ovaries and adrenal glands. T functions to maintain muscle mass, strength and endurance, decreased fat, increased exercise tolerance, enhancement of the sense of well-being and psychological health. T protects against cardiovascular disease, and reduces blood sugar. It leads to increased muscle mass, increased bone density, decrease in cholesterol, improved skin tone, improved healing capacity, and increased libido and sexual performance. T is extremely important in BOTH men AND women. Although women require substantially less T than men, adequate tissue levels are very important for health in both sexes.
Like Testosterone, Estrogen is a required hormone for BOTH men and women. Estrogens are believed to help protect against heart disease, stroke, osteoporosis, and memory disorders. It also protects against vaginal atrophy, urinary incontinence, and prevents symptoms of menopause including hot flashes and poor temperature regulation. Estrogen deficiency is linked to urinary incontinence, loss of skin tone, fatigue, depression, mood swings and decreased libido.
TESTOSTERONE IS YOUR FUEL. ARE YOU…
Running On Empty?
Using a simple blood test, we create a customized plan to restore and optimize testosterone levels, so that you can get back on the path to living an optimized life. Our patients report symptom relief, feeling energized with increased motivation, mental clarity and more.
WHY HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY?
Optimal testosterone levels can transform your entire life- not just sexually but in many aspects of your relationships, everyday living and overall happiness. Our custom testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) plans make increasing your testosterone levels easy, safe, and affordable.
INCREASED ENERGY + MOTIVATION
INCREASED STRENGTH + MUSCLE MASS
INCREASED CONFIDENCE + BETTER MOOD
IMPROVED SLEEP QUALITY